Honours - The Queen's Award for Enterprise
There are three Queen’s Awards for Enterprise for organisations, and one for individuals.
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are awards for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of:
- innovation - for commercial success as a result of innovation
- international trade - for growth and commercial success in international trade
- sustainable development - for commercially successful products, services and management that benefit the environment, society and the economy
These awards are valid for 5 years.
Organisations may nominate themselves.
The Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion is a separate award for individuals. It’s open to people who have played an outstanding role in promoting enterprise skills and attitudes.
- This award is valid for life.
- Entry is by nomination only.
- Individuals must be nominated by those other than themselves.
For further information, click on the links above or contact:
Queen’s Awards Helpline
Tel: 020 7215 6880
The Awards Office has also produced a useful guide at:
Each year the closing date for entries in both categories is the end of September. The winners are announced on 21st April the following year.
Her Majesty The Queen makes the awards annually and they reflect the highest levels of excellence. The awards are recognized worldwide and the winners receive a number of associated benefits internationally as a result.
Recent recipients of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in County Londonderry:
Armstrong Medical, Ltd. at Coleraine
Nicobrand, Ltd. at Castleroe, Coleraine
Cunningham Covers Ltd. at Maghera
The Workspace Group at Draperstown
Mrs Jayne Taggart for Enterprise Promotion, Causeway Enterprise Agency