Mrs Alison Millar was appointed as Lord-Lieutenant of County Londonderry by Her Majesty the Queen on the 17th May 2018.
Current Emergency News Update:
•The Lieutenancy has been busy working remotely.
•Lieutenancy input for Honours nominations continues . It is to be hoped that this year’s Birthday Honours will be announced by the Cabinet Office on the usual date in June.
•The Lieutenancy has also been notified of successful nominees for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise and Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service within the County and the winners will be announced shortly with presentations hopefully in the late summer / early Autumn
The Lieutenancy is currently active in encouraging nominees for next year.
•Investiture dates at Hillsborough Castle are being organised for the Autumn.
•Despite difficulties and delays in administration Buckingham Palace is sending out 100th Birthday Cards and 60th Wedding Anniversary Cards and the Lieutenancy is continuing to contact the Celebrating individuals. Indeed such was the short notice a few days ago the Lord-Lieutenant, after giving the PSNI notice, hand delivered her own letter of congratulations to a Centenarian’s house, conversing at a social distance from the front lawn. The family was most appreciative.
•The Lord-Lieutenant has offered her support to the Civil Authorities and continues to liaise with them.
•The Lord-Lieutenant would be delighted to hear from you on any matter that she and the Lieutenancy may be able to assist you with. Please make contact using the contact email address on this Website.
•This Emergency is very difficult for us all but as Her Majesty The Queen said “We will meet again”.
The Lord-Lieutenant is indeed looking forward to that day.
HOW CAN THE LIEUTENANCY HELP YOU?
- Arranging for the Lord-Lieutenant or one of her Deputy Lieutenants to visit your organisation as a means of acknowledging the work being done.
- Following a visit by the Lord-Lieutenant, or a Deputy Lieutenant, suggesting how the organisation might be included in the programme of a member of the Royal Family visiting the County.
- Advising on procedures and nominations for the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, the Queen’s Award for Enterprise or the Elizabeth Cross.
- Advising on how any member of the public can nominate a worthy individual, a friend or colleague for a National Honour; offering advice on the completion of the forms and supporting the honors nomination when referred back to the Lord- Lieutenant for comment.
- Celebrating and encouraging volunteering, community service and the work of youth organisations and employment initiatives across the County.
- Helping to promote your organisation, where deemed appropriate, in media releases or speeches to assist with recognition of an organisation’s work.
- Accepting suggestions (by early January each year) for the attendance at Royal Garden Parties of individuals deserving recognition.
- If you think that we can assist, please contact us and please visit our FAQ page.